Dear Family & Friends,
Hi, how are you doing? This month was great. We got a hammock and it is really relaxing to sit in. We are probably going to get another hammock when the backyard is finished. I don't know what filter my mom used in this picture but it kind of looks like i'm glowing.
We go on a lot of walks now with not a lot of things open. On this walk we went off the trail and we hiked up a really steep mountain and eventually found a cool device that can sense seismic vibrations and help predict when an earthquake is about to happen. That part was cool but we got a lot of cool pictures as well.
Mothers day was this month and it was certainly different being in a new house and having church at home this time. We had a nice breakfast on mothers day and it was really fun.
We went all the way up the switchbacks this month. We couldn't go all the way up before because their was still snow up high but all the snow is melted now. Up at the top of the switchbacks there is a great view and we got a lot of really good pictures up at the top.
Now that it is summer, one of our favorite things to do is go to Salem pond and bring our kayaks. We go swimming there now that we don't have the pool across the street now. The good thing about the pond is that we don't have to pay to go swimming. We can also go fishing there which I still need to do. It is a lot of fun going there and I usually see somebody I know there each time I go.
We went on a cool hike up Payson canyon called the Grotto. It wasn't a very hard hike and it was more of a walk than a hike but there was a cool waterfall at the end of the hike. When we got to the waterfall we climbed around and got to the top of the waterfall and stayed up there for a while. I totally would have jumped off the waterfall if the water was actually deep at the end.
This summer is fun but it is certainly going to be different this year. My birthday is next month and we have a lot of fun plans so I am certainly looking forward to this summer. This is the first time I have said this but I am excited to go back to school because I am going into high school and i'm really excited. I hope you all have a good summer and I am hoping things calm down and go back to normal soon.
Love, Eric James Barnhisel
No comments:
Post a Comment