Sunday, January 2, 2022

December Letter

 Dear Family & Friends, 


Hello, how are you? To start out this month we went on a Christmas train up in Heber. It was cool and Sam had a blast. They brought us hot chocolate on the train and gave us mugs to take home after the train ride was over. It was more geared towards littler kids but was fun nonetheless and was a great start to the Christmas season. 


We went to Evermore this month as well. It was really cold but it was a really cool place. We had a sword fight which was pretty fun and we also got to do knife/shuriken throwing as well. We got some really good cider while we were there and saw all of the cool stuff in the park. 
We had our family party this month and it was a nice change of pace. We made Italian food for this party instead of having ham and turkey like always. It was also pretty low key and relaxing and we got to see and socialize with our extended family. Grandma got us gifts and she got me a nice pair of winter gloves which are really useful. 
We have been getting a lot of snowstorms lately and we used the opportunity to go snowboarding and skiing. This was my first time snowboarding and it was pretty difficult to say the least. It was fun though and I hope I can do it more in the future. We have around 3-4 feet of snow up here in Woodland Hills and the snow banks on the sides of our driveway are really tall now.  
I got a guitar for Christmas and I'm taking lessons now which I'm super excited about. I've been picking up a lot really fast and it is super fun to learn. Apart from the calluses on the tips of my fingers and side of my thumb I'm really glad to be learning guitar. I want to make music when I'm older and this is something great to learn to help me achieve that in the future. 
We had Grandma, Aunt Amy and Billy as well as Uncle Darren and his family over at our house for Thanksgiving dinner. We had Ham which was really good and Aunt Amy brought scalloped potatoes which were delicious. I'm glad I was able to spend time with my family on Christmas and overall this Christmas was great. 

I go back to school tomorrow which means I can't sleep in anymore. Track starts tomorrow which I'm excited for and hopefully we have a great turnout. My life is pretty busy now adays with school, work and guitar. Track will add to that but it's great to fill your time with things to do. I hope you all have a great winter and a great start of 2022. Bye. 

Love, Eric James Barnhisel

No comments: