Sunday, January 8, 2023

December Letter

 Dear Family and Friends,

Hello, how are you? This month was great. We have gone sledding a few times this month because we have been getting some pretty good snow. Sam has a great time every time we do and it is pretty fun. We get much more snow than the people who live in Sale beneath us so we have a lot of great spots to go sledding in Woodland Hills.

We had our family Christmas party this month and we hosted it at our house. It was a lot of fun and we did a lot of fun activities. We did cake wars with all of our cousins and made some cool cakes. Kate made a really awesome snowflake cake that beat out all of the other cakes. We also went sledding with everybody at our party. We went across the street and had a great time sledding there. We also did white elephant at our party which was fun. 

Christmas was great as well. This was probably my last Christmas at home because I'm turning 18 this year and will move out. I got some good gym clothes for Christmas which was nice because I was running low. We also had the opportunity to go to church on Christmas which was awesome. We got to listen to some great Christmas music there and we got to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. I'm glad that we got to celebrate the birth of our savior this month.  

We went to Mexico on a cruise for New Years. It was awesome and I got to meet a lot of great people on the boat. The trip was a Christmas present to all of us and I'm so glad that we got to go. We flew out of Provo to LA and we got on the boat there. 
The boat was awesome and it was a great way to unwind and just have a good time. There were always entertainment events going on and we got to swim, play mini golf and eat some really good food. They also had a place on the boat where kids my age could go hang out so I made a lot of good friends on the boat. 
It was really pretty at dusk on the boat and we got some great pictures with the sunset. 
One of our stops on our cruise was on the island of Catalina. It was awesome on the island and a totally different experience than anything I had before. One side of the island was super rainy and the other side was still chilly but wasn't raining at all. We went on a truck ride around the island while we were there so we got to see the entire island. We saw old movie sets and WWII bunkers while on the island. They also have a lot of buffalo on the island that were brought over in the early 1900's. Our second stop was in Mexico in the city of Ensenada. We went and got some great authentic Mexican food while we were there and got some cool souvenirs. I bought a mini guitar while we were there which plays just like a regular sized one. It was cool to go experience a different culture and see a different part of the world. 

I just started my last semester of high school which is pretty weird to think about. I'm excited for high school to be over and for me to start a new chapter of my life. It's weird to think about that I've been doing monthly letters for 17 years and in a few months, I'll write my last one. I'm getting good grades in school and trying to get as much college credit as I can before I go off to school. I'm planning on going on a mission after high school so I'll start my papers in the summer after my birthday. I hope you all have a great rest of winter and stay safe. Bye.

Love, Eric James Barnhisel

No comments: