Sunday, May 7, 2023

April Letter

 Dear Family & Friends, 

Hello, how are you? This month was great. We tore up our floor this month. We redid the kitchen recently and my parents hated how contrasting the floor was with the newly painted cabinets so we tore up the floor and put wood lvp and it looks great now. It was pretty fun destroying the old tile and carrying it out. Our neighbor, Ben was the one who spearheaded the project as usual and we were his helpers. 



Easter was this month as well. I love Easter because it is a great time to reflect on our savior and the sacrifice he made for us and the weather is turning nice this time of year so you can do more outdoor activities again. We went up to our old house on Easter and went to the parks around our old house that my brothers and I used to go to all the time when we were kids. It was super fun and great to go back again. 


I didn't like this green park as a kid because it was filled with spinning contraptions that would always make me sick. It was still a big part of my childhood though and was pretty cool to go to again. 


Kyle's birthday was this month. It's crazy that he is driving now and is going to be in high school next year. I feel like the time we've spent living in Woodland Hills has just flown by. Kyle and I didn't get along well as kids but him and I are buds now and do a lot of fun stuff together. 


We had the Bastidas family come up and have dinner with us this month as well. It was great to see them again and spend time with them. We caught up on life and talked about past memories we had together and had a great time. We went to the Woodland Hills park with them as well and that was super fun. Hope we can do more gatherings with their family more often. 


My dad, Sam and I did a spontaneous Moab trip this month as well. We just decided one Saturday to drive down and spend the following Sunday driving ATV's around. We met up with uncle Darren and Koen down there are did some trails with them. I drove all of Hell's Revenge this time down and it was awesome. The weather was great as well and was a good getaway from the rainy weather back at home. I'm glad we did this trip and hope to do more spontaneous trips like this in the future. 


I'm almost done with high school now. I only have 2 weeks left to go till I graduate. It's crazy to think that later this year I'm going to be on my mission and gone for the next 2 years. I'm grateful to all the friends I made in school and hope they all go live happy successful lives. I'm grateful for all the memories I made in school and will always remember them. I plan on working the summer and then going on my mission in the fall. After that I plan on attending UVU and I am thinking on going into foreign relations there. I hope you all have a great spring. Bye.

Love, Eric James Barnhisel 


No comments: